So St. Patrick's Day is here again, wow how fast time goes. This is my second St. Paddy's without my sweet Irish Grandpa (who I was so close to). So I had to make his most favorite meal. Corn beef, Cabbage
and his special recipe for bread pudding (from his Momma, who I am told was a full blooded Irish woman haha) anyways the first picture is the corn beef cooking in the pot. It has to boil for about 4 hours..
This next picture is the yummy bread pudding after it is all done. SO GOOD!
Now last year was my first time making this at my own house and I was pretty scared, so my Grandma told me that she would be happy to come over and do it for me and let me watch. But this year I really wanted to try and do it on my own so... She still came over haha, but I did it while she watched and made sure I didn't totally goof it up! I must say that it was not as hard as I thought it was going to be =-)
This is the pudding in a big pot getting ready to boil. It is wrapped up in a sheet, yes sheet! I guess a cheese cloth is not strong enough to hold it so we tore up an old sheet and made a square. ( We washed it really good first lol)
Here is my special Grandma helping me! =-) I am so lucky to have her.
The pudding has to boil for about two hours. It has bread, cinnamon, raisins, sugar, butter and flour
in it. It is soooo GOOD! I guess when my Grandpa (who I forgot to mention was born in Newfoundland) was growing up there was no candy and when his Momma would make this for them it was a real treat! They loved this and it was like candy to them. He taught my Grandma how to make it and told her that you can never add to many raisins or cinnamon!
Here is the whole entire meal. (like my Halloween plate =-) ) Corn beef, cabbage, carrots and whole potatoes. This is the way Grandpa liked it. Miss him.. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Till next year...
Here is the whole entire meal. (like my Halloween plate =-) ) Corn beef, cabbage, carrots and whole potatoes. This is the way Grandpa liked it. Miss him.. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Till next year...
Mmmm looks delicious!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like it could have come from the food network. Yummy!
ReplyDelete